Welcome!

Introduction

Here it is. Another blog from somebody with something to say or share... They can all seem alike. I can't - and wouldn't want to - g...

Friday, August 7, 2020

Scribbled: A Journey


Though the entire process was long and intensively full of growth, the actual writing of "Gentle Revolution" was the quickest and easiest part...

I began feeling that God was laying certain things on my heart in 2017...starting with the title.
Thoughts and ideas would come to me at the oddest times, and I had them scribbled on scraps of paper...receipts...envelopes...napkins. All of which I just dropped into a notebook without sorting them because I was still in denial that they would ever become a book. ;)
After several years of gathering, learning, and procrastinating, God finally brought me to the point of surrendering to write and share what He had been leading me to.
I adopted a "sticky note" approach to writing, because it fit more with my butterfly tendency to flit from one thought to a next and get discouraged by a timeline...I took a day and a half and sorted all of my notes into the thoughts they carried and paper-clipped them together; these were my "chapters".
It was amazing how each day I sat at my laptop I felt an excitement and clarity about one or other of these specific thoughts, and the words would just come; and at the end I knew exactly where each should go to make the book flow.
Starting after I sorted my fieldnotes, the actual writing took eleven days.
God truly brought this together.
My prayer is that in reading it, you will be amazed as you notice the ways God is working in your life and what you have that He desires to use for His glory, as He has amazed me through this process and used it to enhance my wonder at His gracious control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect!